Sonntag, 18. November 2007

Week 2: Stuart

Hello and welcome back to the Stuart residence. When you left us last week, Amy had just started her new job in the business field while I stayed at home with our son. She's been doing very well and is already rising in the ranks. It's only a matter of time until she becomes athe first Business Tycoon of Prosperity Pinnacle.


That didn't mean she neglected her child though. She was there for his birthday and even helped him blow out the candles. Isn't he a gorgeous child? We didn't have a huge party. He's just a baby after all. Maybe when he gets a bit older and has friends of his own he can invite them over.

Apollo Stuart: Gemini; 4 sloppy, 9 outgoing, 8 active, 3 serious, 3 grouchy

Of course, I had much more time on my hands so I took it upon myself to teach Apollo all of the skills he will need in life. Sure, at the moment it's only talking and using the potty, but one day I'm hoping to be able to pass down my money making skills as well.


I think this is a pleasant neighbourhood most of the time, but sometimes I wonder about the sanity of it's inhabitants. This Goopy guy looked positively shifty while sneaking past our house in broad dailight. I wonder what he was up to. Hopefully not trying to break into our house, in any case! We have a burglar alarm though, so the police would pick him right up if he tried anything stupid. Still, I'm glad I don't have to leave my child home alone with these kinds of people lurking around.


And then there's that McMillan girl. I swear we've never even talked to her once and she goes stealing our newspaper. How rude! Definitely not someone I want to get to know more closely. And let's not even begin to talk about her grandmother. ((Nobody in the family knew her at all. I guess this is her 0 nice points talking, lol))


Amy's really racking in the promotions now. I guess they've seen her potential. It seems that all that working on skills during her pregnancy really paid off. She's got her bases covered where that's concerned. And we've got loads of connections through our business. I couldn't be more proud! I guess that might be the reason for the newspaper stealing. They're all just jealous of our success. Yes, that must be it. I heard that Keira girl wants to be a Business Tycoon as well. Well, not with that attitude young lady!


Well, I definitely don't resent her success. Our love is as alive as ever. We're being more careful about preventing more pregnancies now though, unlike some of our neighbours. That daughter of mine is crazy, having so many kids. Apollo's got more cousins than he can count! Although... I guess technically he's their uncle. We'll have to invite the whole bunch over at some point so that he can actually get to know them. Or maybe he can just go to their house. I do not want a bunch of kids ruining my expensive furniture.


Three promotions in as many days. Not bad, eh? Though it's pretty stressful for Amy since she never seems to be getting days off. But she says that once she's reached the top of her career she'll take a well earned vacation. I'm looking forward to it. Maybe we could even take a trip somewhere.


Meanwhile I haven't been idle either. While Apollo was sleeping, I worked on my painting skills. It's one of the few good ways for a man my age to earn money. I never thought I would be an artist in my old age, but I guess you can still teach old dogs new tricks.


I made much more money in a different way though. I finally decided to sell off Little 'n Local. Fetched a nice sum as well, since it was running so well. I wish the new owner all the luck with it. Though I hope they start selling something other than art. Because I invested most of the money into buying that gallery in Bluewater.


Sure enough, no sooner had Amy become CEO than they already promoted her on to Business Tycoon. She's at the top of her game! Are we really expected to do the whole charity thing now though? I guess it would help with the jealous neighbours. Ah well, I guess there's no harm in passing on a bit of the dough. Maybe we'll start giving out stipendiums to poor orphans or something. That should get those McMillan kids out of our hair, and maybe they'll even teach them some manners at uni.


After that, Amy finally got some well earned rest. Just in time for our boy to grow up into a child. Here she is helping him blow out the candles once again. I can't be doing that myself. My lungs aren't what they used to be. I've always had slight asthma, you know.


And there he is, all grown up. Reminds me a lot of his old man when I was younger. Shame he didn't get his mother's blond hair though. I love her hair. It's one of the things that attracted me to her from the start.


He's a very active child. We installed a bowling alley behind the house and he spent ages working on his game. His technique is a bit unique, but boy, his score is up there with the best of 'em. Of course Amy's still the best in the house where anything physical is concerned. She's got abs of steel after all that time in the army, even after the pregnancy.


Now that our boy is off to school most of the day, me and Amy decided it was time to take advantage of some of her vacation time and work on our now business. After all, we haven't been there at all since I bought it. I don't think I could manage running it on my own, and I haven't been able to find a suitable employee. They're all just skilless college students or teens and I need someone with a taste in art. Or at least someone who knows how to work the clients like my lovely wife here.


She paid special attention to those that seemed unsure about what they needed. Those are the best for selling the really expensive paintings or sculptures to. I usually let her take the men and I'd talk to the ladies. My charm doesn't seem to work the same way on my own sex.


This particular customer was only faking it to see how we'd react though. Seems he liked the way we handled things. Not only did he buy something, he also wrote us a good review. That's bound to be good for business!


After that the gallery became really popular and it wasn't long before I'd made a heck of a lot of cash. 100'000 Simoleans! I don' think I've ever been this happy in my life. I've obviously still got the skills to build a business empire from scratch. And thanks to Amy I also have a beautiful son to leave it to. My life is complete!


Of course it just wasn't appropriate for the richest man in Prosperity Pinnacle to send his son to public school, so we invited over the headmaster for dinner to see whether we could change that. Of course it didn't take much convincing for him to see that our boy was perfect for his institution. We should work on our cooking skills though. I wish we could have served him something more than fast food.


Now that Apollo's in private school, we want him to get god grades too, so of course we helped him study. He hasn't brought home an A+ yet, but then he's only just started out. I'm sure he'll do better once he's settled into the new environment.


Over the weekend, I invited my daughter so that she could get to know her half-brother. They seemed to hit it off quite well. Miranda's always been a very family oriented person, so I'm not surprised. I'm not sure whether I approve of their topic of conversation though. Apollo told me that they'd talked about love. He's a bit young for that, isn't he? We'll have enough trouble with that once he's a teenager!


Amy was a tad bit embarrassed about having to serve the headmaster hamburgers, so she decided to work on her cooking skills a bit and serve something more ambitious. It didn't work out so well though. I stil don't know how a pot of chili con carne can catch fire, but there you are. Thankfully Apollo was nowhere near the kitchen, and the fire department put it out quickly.


Seemingly, cooking just isn't her thing, so me and Amy decided to concentrate on the business aspects of life. Since Apollo is too young to take over the business from me directly, I transferred it to her first. And of course I wanted to share some of the secrets I'd amassed over the course of time. It took longer than I'd thought it would though. I still hadn't covered everything by the end of the week.


End of round accomplishments:
- Amy reached her TOC in business and is perma plat
- Apollo grows to a toddler and then a child
- Henry's business receives a good review and he reaches his LTW/IW of making $100'000
- Apollo is accepted into private school and meets his sister

Points this round:
- 1 for Amy's TOC in business
- 10 for Henry's IW of making $100'000
- 10 more since Henry's IW was also his LTW. Yay!

Keine Kommentare: